The Provost’s Fellows for the Libraries project:
- Provides current CU Boulder graduate students with expanded knowledge about career opportunities for students at the MA and PhD level;
- Affords Fellows the opportunity to build personal and professional skills through experiences in the Graduate Teacher Program by attending workshops and pursuing the Professional Development Certificate for Preparing Future Faculty;
- Affords Fellows the opportunity to understand how university libraries function, how academic librarians work, and build initial skills as a librarian in training;
- Gives Fellows the opportunity to work in the University Libraries with academic librarians and to consider applying their disciplinary knowledge and interests to a future career in academic librarianship; and
- Offers Fellows the opportunity to integrate and synthesize a record and description of their professional abilities and interests, making Fellows stronger candidates for application to Master’s in Library Science or Master’s in Information Science Programs.