When our sorority was first officially founded on March 23, 1994, ten women came together to establish an organization that would better their university and community. Each woman chose a characteristic that would best exemplify strong foundations for Sigma Psi Zeta to follow as it evolves--these are the Ten Rays of Sisterhood.
The 10 Rays:
1. Integrity: To uphold the history, values and purposes of Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority Inc.
2. Legacy: To take part in the development of active sisters, pledges and alumnae through positive means, to ensure that the Sigma spirit is passed through the educational, individual and collective experiences of those associated with the sorority.
3. Scholarship: To support and emphasize academic achievement.
4. Philanthropy: To Combat the Violence Against Women through sister education, community awareness, activism and financial support.
5. Professionalism: To best demonstrate sisterhood and allegiance through organization, conduct and action.
6. Community: To support individual sisters in their personal endeavors of leadership, sportsmanship and community involvement.
7. Sisterhood: To give social and emotional support to active and alumnae sisters, thereby providing invaluable experiences.
8. Culture: To promote an awareness of the Asian/Asian-American cultures and heritages, as well as multiculturalism and the cultures of the members represented in the sorority at large.
9. Citizenship: To serve as an example of appropriate behavior with the university, other Greeks and the community.
10. Activism: To inform and educate about the causes Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority holds dear.
These are values that we continue to uphold today, and use as a guideline to remind us of the spirit in which our sorority was first envisioned.