The Leeds School of Business PhD Program is a full-time program, intended for those who desire careers in university research and teaching. The program focuses on developing the necessary skills for the design and execution of original, innovative research and for the dissemination of knowledge through teaching and writing.
In any year, there are approximately 40 doctoral students in our program majoring in accounting, finance, marketing, information systems, operations management, strategic, organizational, and entrepreneurial studies.
The PhD requires at least 30 credit hours of approved graduate coursework and 30 dissertation credit hours. All students are required to successfully complete a comprehensive examination, a dissertation proposal defense, and a final dissertation defense. Attendance at Graduate Teacher Program teaching workshops is also required. Please see our website for more information about our teaching requirements.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.20 (out of 4.0).
- ALL applicants must submit official GMAT or GRE scores that are less than 5 years old. Official scores must be sent directly to us by the testing agencies. GRE scores should be sent to school code 4841. GMAT scores should be sent to code 11S-Z2-41. Please schedule your test early enough to allow time for your official scores to reach us by our application deadline. Average GMAT/GRE scores are 709 and 320, respectively.
- International applicants may need to submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores. TOEFL scores should be sent to school code 4841. This requirement will be waived if your native language is English. Please schedule your test early enough to allow time for your official scores to reach us by our application deadline. Minimum TOEFL and IELTS scores are 100 and 7.00, respectively.
- Provide a current vitae/resume. This should be uploaded with your application.
- Provide three letters of recommendation.
- One set of unofficial transcripts from each institution for all higher education you have completed regardless of whether you recieved a degree.
- Provide a personal statement that explicitly addresses the applicant's academic interests, including research interests and career objectives. This should be uploaded with your application.
- Complete and upload with your application a Leeds PhD Program Applicant Information Sheet (also available on our website and within the application).
GRE/GMAT scores: 320/709
TOEFL/IELTS scores: 100/7.0
Fall Domestic Application Deadline
January 5, 2017
Fall International Application Deadline
January 5, 2017
Leeds School of Business: PhD Program
University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309-0419
Leeds School of Business website