The MS in Accounting and MS in Taxation are designed for students whose career interests are in auditing, taxation, consulting and finance.
The MS degree requires 30 hours of graduate coursework. When combined with an internship this program generally takes two years. Please visit the department website to learn more about this program.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- Successful applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 with GMAT scores of 550. Only the higher of the first two GMAT scores will be considered in case of multiple GMAT re-takes.
- Admission to the MS program requires either an undergraduate business degree or extensive prerequisite coursework. Applicants with no business or accounting coursework must complete the prerequisites before applying to the program.
- Provide a minimum of three letters of recommendation.
- Provide a personal statement that explicitly addresses the applicant's academic interests.
- If you are an international student and your native language is not English, please submit official TOEFL Scores. The minimum required to be considered is 577 PBT, or 90 iBT. The department does not accept IELTS.
Additional information is available on the department's website.
The MS Accounting and Taxation application committee continues to accept applications on a rolling basis until program capacity has been reached or until approximately one month before the start of the semester.
Please e-mail us at Leedsmsa@colorado.edu if you will be applying later than the stated deadline.
International deadlines are strictly followed due to the processing time for U.S. visas.
Fall Domestic Application Deadline:
March 31, 2017
Fall International Application Deadline:
March 1, 2017
Spring Domestic Application Deadline:
October 31, 2016
Spring International Application Deadline:
October 1, 2016
University of Colorado Boulder
Leeds School of Business: MS Accounting
Boulder, CO 80309-0419
Leeds Schoool of Business