Master Graduation Information - Thesis Plan
This information is supplied by the Graduate School at the University of Colorado at Boulder. The links below provide the necessary forms and information to complete the requirements for graduation. Please read the deadline sheet and checklist carefully to ensure fulfillment of requirements. If at any time you have any questions or problems, please contact the Graduate School at (303) 492-8220, email@example.com, or Regent Administrative Center, room 1B53.
1. Deadline Sheet (2013 - 2014) (2014-2015) This sheet includes all the deadlines for the indicated academic year. Paperwork must be submitted to the Graduate School by the deadlines for the indicated graduation. These deadlines apply regardless of attendance at the commencement ceremony. (Note: if you do not meet the graduation deadline for your final exam, but can complete the exam before the first day of class for the upcoming semester, you will not be required to register for another semester, but your paperwork will be processed for the next scheduled commencement date. Plan ahead carefully, as this means the exam must be done on or before the Friday before classes begin.) International students in F-1 or J-1 status must consult with International Student and Scholar Services (located in the Center for the Community, room S355) in these cases. F-1 and J-1 regulations require enrollment in order to maintain valid F-1 or J-1 status. You must be advised by an ISSS advisor if you will not have future enrollment.
2. Graduation checklist Please note the items marked with a (>). These are essential to fulfill graduation requirements.
3. Online graduation application Students must apply online to graduate. To do this, logon to myCUinfo.colorado.edu. On the Student tab, select the Apply for Graduation link under Academic Resources. This notifies the Graduate School and your department that you intend to graduate, and it provides necessary information to the Commencement Office for ordering and shipping diplomas. If you do not complete requirements for the graduation you indicate on the online application, you must apply online to graduate for the new graduation date. You must apply to graduate online whether or not you plan to attend the ceremony.
4. Application for Admission to Candidacy The courses you and your department agree will be used to fulfill the requirements for your degree program are listed on this form. Three signatures are necessary before submitting this form to the Graduate School where all information will be verified against your records.
5. Master Examination Report (.pdf) (.doc) All students completing a thesis must present a final defense of the thesis to the thesis committee. The form should be given to the Graduate School at least two weeks before the defense. After the committee members have been approved it will be returned to your department so it's available for your exam. After the defense the form, with original signatures, will be returned to the Graduate School to verify that you passed the exam.
6. Thesis Specifications and Submission Information The specifications document includes all the necessary information for formatting your thesis. The Graduate School strongly encourages you to email your document for a pre-check of the format, before submitting electronically. Please email a pdf of your document to firstname.lastname@example.org. The dissertation must be submitted electronically, by the deadline, to the ProQuest website: http://dissertations.umi.com/colorado. Also, a signature page with two original signatures must be submitted by the deadline. For more information on submission, please review the specifications.
7. Dissertation/Thesis Final Grade Card All students completing a thesis will be assigned a grade for their thesis hours. As this card involves a grade, students should not submit it. Only your department can submit this form. This card is not available online, departments receive blank forms from the Graduate School.
8. Forms for concurrent students Students who are in a concurrent (bachelors/masters) degree program need two supplemental forms, the concurrent supplement to the candidacy application and the undergraduate certification form. Also, review the important information in the above link.
NOTE: Items 4 & 5 should either be given to your department's graduate program assistant to send to the Graduate School, or a copy should be given to that individual for your departmental records.