These materials may be used for study, research, and education, but please credit the authors and source: Kenneth E. Foote and Donald J. Huebner, The Geographer's Craft Project, Department of Geography, University of Texas at Austin. All commercial rights reserved. Copyright 1996 Kenneth E. Foote and Donald J. Huebner. Please send your suggestions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
2. Setting Standards for Procedures and
2.1 Establishing Criteria that Meet the Specific Demands of a Project
2.2 Training People Involved to Meet Standards, Including Practice
2.3 Testing that the Standards are Being Employed Throughout a Project and are Reached by the Final Products.
3. Documenting Procedures and Products: Data Quality Reports
4. Measuring and Testing Products
5. Calibrating a Dataset to Ascertain How Error Influences Solutions
6. Reporting Results in Terms of the Uncertainties of the Data
7. References and Supplemental Reading
and Study Questions.