Cartography 1: Lecture, Discussion, and Lab Notes
As possible, links to materials presented in class and
lab will be listed here. Notes for lab
exercises will be distributed in lab.
Map Projections Overview
- Daniel Karnes, Jenks' Optimization Method for Numeric Data Classification
- Paul B. Anderson, Projection Change at the National Geographic,
Data Sources for GIS
- Dana, Peter H. (1997) Coordinate Systems Overview, NCGIA Core
Curriculum in GIScience,
- Kirvan, Anthony P. (1997) Latitude/Longitude, NCGIA Core Curriculum
- Laurie Garo,
Cartographic Color Theory
- Files to use for Animated GIF of US population growth.
These are compressed, Zipped files
on cartographic animation
Error, Accuracy, and Precision in Spatial Datasets
- WebGIS (1998), NCGIA Core Curriculum in GIScience, Kenneth E.
Foote and Anthony P. Kirvan at
- GEOPlace's "
See Web Mapping in Action!
GIS Connects Cyberspace with the Real World
," by Lance McKee from GeoWorld
- Web Mapping
US Army Engineer Research and Development Center, Topographic Engineering
- NewCyber3D, http://www.newcyber-3d.com/
- JMap from KHEOPS technology
- Keyhole Corporation, see their EarthViewer 3-D linked from
Back to GEOG 4043 Homepage
Notes from the Geographer's Craft Project
Last updated 2002.5.12. KEF