The campus mechanical engineering team, housed in the Department of Facilities Management, serves as a steward of the university’s HVAC and plumbing systems, helping provide a safe, functional and comfortable building environment. Its core duties include:
- Supporting and maintaining campus standards for design and construction; ensuring code compliance; guiding and validating projects from inception to completion
- Optimizing HVAC systems in response to campus space needs and sustainability goals
- Carrying out inspections of campus mechanical systems to ensure safety, quality and functionality
- Collaborating and consulting with campus maintenance shops
- Helping the university save money through creative engineering solutions
- Providing solutions for conserving energy and water without compromising function and comfort
If you are experiencing temperature control issues in your building or lab, please submit a Service Request or call the Service Center at 303-492-5522.
To learn about academic opportunities at CU-Boulder in mechanical engineering, visit the College of Engineering & Applied Science.