Improper storage of combustible items is an invitation for fire. Please ensure that:
• Storage inside buildings is orderly.
• Storage is placed at least 18 inches below fire sprinklers and does not block the flow of water from sprinkler heads.
• Oily rags and similar materials are stored in approved covered metal containers.
• Trash is taken out regularly and kept from accumulating.
• Contact FLS before storing hazardous or flammable material, e.g., volatile chemicals or flammable gas, in campus buildings.
Also, for all storage even non-combustible storage please ensure that:
• Items are not attached to or hanging from sprinkler heads and pipes.
• Clear access to fire extinguishers, fire alarm pull stations, and other fire protection equipment is maintained.