- Interest does not accrue while you are in school or in deferment.
- There are no loan origination fees.
- The interest rate is a fixed 5.0% when the loan enters repayment.
- The University of Colorado Boulder is your lender for this loan so once your loan enters repayment, you will make payments back to the University.
- Repayment begins 9 months after you graduate, drop below half-time or withdraw.
- Funding is limited so the actual awarded amount may be less than the federal maximum and may also vary from year to year.
|Annual Limit||Lifetime Limit|
|Undergraduate (0-59 credits)||$5,500||$11,000|
|Undergraduate (60+ credits)||$5,500||$27,500|
How to Apply
For information on how to repay a Perkins Loan, please see the Bursar’s website.