- Student Employment
- Financial Literacy
- Financial Aid Policies
- Financial Aid A-Z
- Site Map
- Veterans Benefits
- Net Price Calculator
- Video Gallery
- Videos on Financial Aid
Independence Day; Campus Closed
Deadline to Apply for Summer Aid
Last Day to Work Summer Work-Study
Fall Classes Begin
IRS Data Retrieval
What is it?
Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool is beneficial because it reduces the number of documents that must be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid and ensures the FAFSA is accurately completed.
What is needed to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
- A current year tax return must be processed by the IRS
- Must possess a valid Social Security Number
- Must have a Federal Student Aid PIN
What if I haven't filed taxes yet?
If estimated income was reported on the FAFSA, visit fafsa.gov and select submit a correction and then use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool after taxes are filed. This feature will be available to e-filers within 10 business day and 6 to 8 weeks for paper filers.
If a tax extension was requested, submit IRS Form 4868 along with W-2's or statement of income to our office. After taxes are filed, submit a federal tax return transcript to our office.
Tax-filers who are not eligible to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool:
- Filing a tax return as "Married Filing Separately"
- Filing a tax return as "Head of Household" when married
- Filing an amended return
- Filing a Puerto Rican or foreign tax return
What if I have trouble using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?
- Review the IRS Data Retrieval Tutorial for step-by-step instructions
- Request a federal tax return transcript from the IRS
- Contact our office
How do I request a federal tax return transcript?
- Download and print your transcript immediately at http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript
- Call the IRS at 1-800-908-9946
|TIP: The IRS Data Retrieval Tutorial provides a demonstration and step-by-step instructions on how to use the tool.|