ODA Home >
Institutional Research >
FCQ Related Studies
Related to online vs paper collection
- An examination of Item 1 (the “Workload” item) on the 2006 revision of the FCQ form (Word)
- Results of pilot of proposed FCQ questionnaire form revision, spring 2004.
- May 2004 interim report of the Faculty Course Questionnaire Revision Committee to the chancellor.
- Distributions of FCQ ratings
- Effects of instructor gender and ethnicity on FCQ ratings given by students
- October 2002
We did a study to look for possible effects of instructor gender and ethnicity on FCQ ratings across three academic years (fall 1999 through spring 2002), after statistically controlling the effects of class level (graduate vs. undergraduate), size, and department.
- Testing two new response formats on the FCQ - January 2000
The current FCQ response scale, a 5-point, A-B-C-D-F format, may not be optimum for a couple of reasons: Using the same scale as classroom grades may create an undesirable and spurious linkage, and 5 response points may not be enough for good discrimination given that ratings tend to bunch at the high end. Consequently we tested two alternative formats, a 1-5 numeric scale and a 1-7 scale, in the fall of 1999.
- Results of survey on use of e-mail and web in
UCB courses - Spring 1999
Four questions concerning the degree of Web and e-mail use, and their effects on learning in the course, were added to the FCQ for the spring 1999 term.