You are here
The $50 Family Weekend registration fee gives you access to discounted football tickets, presentations, tours, three-day recreation center passes, Friday dinner in a dining hall for all registered members of your family/party, and and a variety of informational materials.
Wait! There is more! It also gives you the opportunity to participate in special Family Weekend events that have additional charges associated with them:
- Friday: the Family Weekend Golf Tournament, the Chancellor's Welcome Luncheon, the Friday Pre-Stampede Round-Up (reception);
- Saturday: the Family Weekend Pre-Game Meal, and;
- Sunday: the 5K Fun Run/walk.
You must register for Family Weekend and purchase all up-charge events online prior to September 14th.
Parking on campus on Friday, October 2nd, will be extremely limited. There were only 300 parking spaces available for Family Weekend participants on Friday, and they've sold out. Consequently, we encourage the use of public transportation in and around Boulder. GO Boulder, the Boulder-based public transportation system, and RTD-Denver, the Denver regional public transportation system, are safe, clean and convenient.
Remember that students will have classes on Friday, October 2nd! Check with your student before registering them for Friday events that have a charge associated with them—the golf tournament and the Chancellor’s Welcome Luncheon. We would hate for you to pay for your student and they not be able to participate in a given event.
- If you are interested in attending class with your student on Friday, please coordinate with your student early so they can check with their professor/instructor ahead of time. Classroom seating is usually limited.
All students, siblings, relatives, and friends are welcome and encouraged to attend Family Weekend events. Please include the names of all your family members and guests attending Family Weekend when you register on-line in the designated field of the registration web page. Do this even if they are not attending/participating in any of the paid events. Remember, you must register and pay for any member of your party that intends to participate in any of the events that have an up-charge.
- Please note: If your CU-Boulder student decides to participate in a Family Weekend event that has an additional charge (the Friday Golf Tournament, the Friday Chancellor’s Welcome Luncheon, the Friday Pre-Stampede Round-Up, the Saturday Pre-game Meal, and the Sunday 5K Fun Run/walk) you will have to purchase a ticket for them. If your CU-Boulder student wants to sit with you at the football game, you will have to purchase a ticket for them. This is the case even if your student has a season ticket. Student season tickets are for general admission in designated student seating areas. The tickets you purchase through the Family Weekend registration process are reserved seats.
Those registering to participate in the Buffalo Family Stampede 5K Fun Run/Walk will need to pick up their race packet and t-shirt at the Family Weekend HQ in University Memorial Center Room 235. The Family Weekend HQ will be open Thursday (10/1), from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.; Friday (10/2), from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and Saturday (10/3), from 8:00 until 10:00 a.m.
If you register for the Chancellor’s Welcome Luncheon, or the Pre-Stampede Round-up on Friday, or the Saturday Pre-Game, you will receive print-at-home tickets via a PDF attached to an email sent to the email address you indicated on your Family Weekend registration. There is no cost for this service. Please don’t forget to print these tickets and bring them with you! It’s best to print the tickets as soon as you receive an email from the CU Athletic Ticket Office (cutix). Please put your printed tickets in a safe place and don’t forget to bring them to Boulder with you when you visit for Family Weekend.
When you register and purchase tickets to the Saturday football game you will have two options as to how you receive your tickets. You can print your tickets at home (there is no cost for this option or you can receive your tickets in the mail ($5.00 per order handling fee)). Again, if you elect to print your ticket at home, please don’t forget to print the ticket and bring it with you! It’s best to print the ticket as soon as you receive an email from the CU Athletic Ticket Office (cutix).
- To allow as many families as possible to attend the Saturday football game at the 20% discounted ticket price, each family registration fee will only allow you to purchase a maximum of 6 football tickets. You will need to complete an additional registration and pay an additional $50 registration fee if you want to purchase more than six tickets.
- If you wish to sit with another family or friends outside of your family, include their ticket order in your registration. If the individuals for whom you are ordering tickets plan to attend other events, they still need to register separately for those other events, omitting the football ticket order in their registration. If you need to purchase more than 6 football tickets in one price level and you want to sit together, create as many $50 registrations as needed (6 tickets per $50.00 registration) as close together as possible. If, after you print or receive your printed tickets, your seats are not all together, please call CU Athletic Ticket Office at 303-492-8337 option 1 (season ticket holders), or toll free at 800-872-8337 and ask for help. The CU Athletic Ticket Office will accommodate your request to the best of their ability.
Each family is required to pay the nonrefundable $50 registration fee if they intend to register for any Family Weekend event that has an up-charge. The registration deadline is Monday, September 14th.