Online Surplus Property Disposal
Campus Departments can create a Department Profile and initiate Disposal Requests with our on-line Surplus Property Management System located here:
Please click on the link above to sign in to our Surplus Property Management System:
What happens next . . .
- After your Disposal Request has been entered and authorized in the Surplus Property Management System, Property Services Staff will e-mail the contact person with instructions.
- Labels will be sent to the Disposal Request contact person through campus mail with a note instructing them to contact Steve Marvel when the labels have been affixed to all surplus items.
- When Property Services has been notified that the items are ready, they will schedule the crew to come and remove your surplus.
- On average, it takes Property Services 6 calendar days to pick up a disposal request from the date the department notifies us the tags have been affixed and the items are ready for pick up.
- Property Services completes approximately 150 disposal requests each month. The scope of one disposal request can range from a single item to a multiple-truck pick-up.
If Equipment or Furniture was purchased with SPA funds you'll need to get in touch with the Office of Contracts and Grants to assist in completing a Sponsored Projects Equipment Disposal Request form
If you have items that need hazardous material clearance download an Environmental Health and Safety Certificate.
or, Contact Environmental Health and Safety to certify your equipment is safe for disposal.
We can also help you...
- Get authorization to cannibalize or trade in old equipment
- Make a donation to a non-profit organization
- Transfer research equipment to another institution
If you are doing any of the above three, you do not need to create a Disposal Request.
Please contact Jack Brubaker, 303-492-7207 for assistance.
If you are moving to a new location: To ensure continuing prompt delivery of your mail, please remember to notify Mailing Services 303-492-6524 as early as possible before your move.
Please properly recycle/dispose of office items:
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) and mercury containing bulbs: Submit
Waste Tags to EH&S and Facilities Management, or call 303-492-7845.
- Rechargeable/Alkaline Batteries: Visit http://www.colorado.edu/ehs/programs/links.html or call 303-492-7845 for drop-off locations and instructions.
- Electronics: Please dispose of all state owned electronics through our on line Surplus Property Management System here https://spswebflex.colorado.edu/ or call 303-492-6524.
- Cell phones, MP3s/IPODs and chargers: Drop off at the UMC, Norlin Library, Darley Commons, or mail to 207 UCB.
Please contact CU Recycling at 303-492-8307 or visit http://ecenter.colorado.edu/recycling for other recycling questions.