The University of Colorado Boulder Events Calendar is a service of Strategic Relations in partnership with the Office of Information Technology.
The Events Calendar Network
The wealth of campus-affiliated events brings a unique opportunity for CU-Boulder to have a central listing of events while also providing our campus organizations the ability to customize and control the design of their unique calendars - allowing for integrations throughout the Colorado.edu family. Please visit our campus partner sites to see the variety of ways we share our event information.
All events listed on the University of Colorado Boulder Events Calendar must be associated with the University. Examples include programs hosted by schools or colleges, events associated with recognized student groups, or large public events at university venues. Events are reviewed, edited, and added to the calendar at the discretion of the calendar editor and administrators.
If you represent an academic department, organization, or student group that does not have a calendar administrator, you may submit your event through our online event submission form. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about obtaining an administrator account.
Events will be posted to the Events Calendar site within 24 hours of submission. Editorial staff review submissions each weekday morning, as well as throughout the day and occasionally on weekends. If an event does not appear to meet the requirements, it may be deleted from the calendar submission queue or returned to the submitter for editing and review. Publication of events is at the discretion of the calendar editor.
If you need to change information associated with a submitted event (updates, cancellations, sell-outs) please email email@example.com with your requested updates or work with your program's calendar administrator.
Events Calendar Categories and Open Entry Guide
Events images on the Calendar
The image must be either a .GIF or a .JPG and the maximum file size should not exceed 80K. The maximum pixel size of an uploaded image when displayed to the visitor on any screen is 280 X 280 pixels. The aspect ratio of any image that you upload will remain constant.
Featured events meet the following requirements:
- Not a regular business meeting of a group or department
- Venue large enough to accommodate 100 people
- Topic or program of unique interest, and/or reflects Flagship 2030 initiatives
Designation as a "featured event" is at the discretion of the calendar editor. The Featured Event feed is shared with the front page of Colorado.edu and is pushed to other event listing sites. All Featured Events must have photo or illustration included with the submission, and the image should be cropped to a square aspect ratio for best appearance. If your event meets the criteria listed above and you wish to have it considered for the "featured" feed, please designate this category (along with other appropriate categories) during your event submission. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request your event be considered.
- Academic Calendar - Academic events such as semester schedules, tuition dates, and academic breaks
- Activities for Students - Activities with a student-audience focus
- Admissions - Events hosted by the Office of Admissions
- Alumni - Events hosted by the CU-Boulder Alumni Association
- Architecture and Planning - Events hosted by or associated with the College of Architecture and Planning
- Arts & Culture - Artistic and/or cultural events on campus, including visual arts, performing arts, literary arts and more
- Arts and Sciences - Events hosted by or associated with the College of Arts and Sciences
- Athletics - Games and meets for CU's sixteen NCAA teams
- Bursars Office - Deadlines and events from the Bursar's Office
- Career Services - Events hosted by or associated with Career Services
- Centers & Institutions - Events from CU-Boulder's wide array of academic and scientific centers and institutes
- College & School Events - Events hosted by or associated with organizations within CU-Boulder's nine colleges and schools
- College of Music - Performing arts, lectures and colloquia from the College of Music and CU Presents
- Collegiate Club Sports - Games and meets for CU's thirty-four Club Sports
- CU Art Museum - Exhibits, lectures, events and more from the CU Art Museum
- CU Museum - Exhibits, lectures, family events and more from the CU Museum of Natural History
- Cultural Series - Events associated with annual cultural series on campus, such as the Conference on World Affairs
- Education - Events hosted by or associated with the School of Education
- Engineering and Applied Science - Events hosted by or associated with the College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Exhibits & Gallery Shows - Exhibits and gallery shows at the many venues across campus
- Faculty - Meetings, lectures, and events associated with faculty development and the Faculty Assembly
- Featured Events - Editor's picks for interesting upcoming events. See the submission guidelines here.
- Film - Movie screenings and associated programming
- Fiske Planetarium - Laser shows, star talks and more from the CU-Boulder Planetarium
- Graduate School - Events hosted by or associated with the Graduate School
- International Education - Activities and events associated with the Department of International Education
- Journalism and Mass Communication - Events hosted by or associated with the School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Law School - Events hosted by or associated with the School of Law
- Lectures & Seminars - Lectures and seminars hosted by CU-Boulder programs
- Leeds School of Business - Events hosted by or associated with the Leeds School of Business
- Libraries - Lectures, gallery shows and more from CU Libraries
- Orientation - Events and programming from the Office of Orientation
- Residence Life - Events and programming associated with the Residence Life program
- Science Series - Events associated with annual science series on the campus, such as the CU Wizards
- Sports & Recreation - Recreation and sports classes, meets, games and opportunities across campus
- Staff Council - Meetings, lectures and events associated with staff development and Boulder Staff Council
- Student Affairs - Events and programming from the Office of Student Affairs
- Student Events - Events and activities on campus with a student focus
- Student Organizations and Clubs - Programs and events hosted by or for student organizations
- UCSU (University of Colorado Student Union) - Events and activities from the Student Union and its cost centers
- University Events - Official university-wide events
Request Support with Events Calendar Categories and Subcategories
Linking to the Calendar
We welcome links to the calendar from other websites, as long as the link is for educational or informational purposes, and does not imply endorsement by or affiliation with the University of Colorado Boulder.
The calendar has been designed to quickly reflect changes, corrections, and updates on events. Despite our best efforts, some information may be incorrect, or we may not have information on an event you want to attend. We regret any inconvenience caused as a result.
E-mail the calendar editor at email@example.com.