Fluvial geomorphology, surface-water hydrology, physical-biological interactions in rivers.
Ph.D. 1988 Colorado State University
Administrator for the Hydrologic Sciences Graduate Program
- CO-Director along with Diane McKnight.
- GEOG Faculty representative
- ENVS Faculty representative (co-representative with Diane McKnight)
- Process-based models coupling hydrology, geomorphology and material transport across a continuum of scales.
- Sediment transport and channel change processes in natural and altered river systems.
- Interactions between geomorphology and ecosystem processes, including food-web dynamics and nutrient cycling.