Undergraduate Advising

Make an Appointment

To make an appointment or find walk-in hours you must use the Academic Advising appointment website. Advisor appointments are posted two weeks out. It is not possible to make an appointment by calling, e-mailing or walking in to the Environmental Studies office.

Plan ahead and schedule appointments in advance because the advising schedule can fill up quickly.

Advising Services


Student Assistants

Upper level ENVS majors are available to answer basic questions about advising appointments, degree audits, and current classes offered in the department. They cannot answer questions about graduation or specific class selection. Student assistants are available for drop in meetings during the times below in the Environmental Studies Office (S101) in the MacAllister Building in the SEEC Complex on East Campus.

Spring 2016 Student Assistant Hours will be posted as soon as the schedule is finalized.

Advising and Registration Information

Academic Advising Center, Woodbury 109. Phone 303-492-7885

Students may visit with one of the Academic Advising Center’s staff members during regular office hours for matters related to:

  • Late drop/add petitions
  • Change of grade
  • Pass/fail petitions
  • Reinstatement
  • Transfer credit pre-approval
  • Letters of good standing [exceptions: law and pre-med recommendations are handled by the pre-professional office (5-3000); graduate school and employer letters are handled by Career Services (2-6541)]
  • Reinstatement
  • Change of graduation date

More complete information about the Academic Advising Center.

The Student’s Primary Academic Advisor

The ENVS Academic Advisors remain on Main Campus:
ENVS drop-in advising is available in ENVD 157, Monday and Wednesday afternoons 1:00 - 4:00 p.m., and Tuesday and Thursday mornings 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.  Please check MyCUHub for exceptions.  Mindy Wilding is located in Hale 357.  Campus-Wide Open Hours are Monday afternoons 1:00 - 3:00 p.m., when all departments have an advisor available for drop-in meetings.

ENVS advisors work with students with questions related to the following:

  • Academic records and MAPS deficiencies
  • Degree requirements (students are responsible for knowing degree requirements)
  • Transfer credit issues
  • Help develop a strategy for achieving academic and career goals
  • Courses for upcoming semester
  • Progress and performance
  • Academic difficulties

Registrar’s Office, Regent 125. Phone 303-492-6970

Staff in the Registrar’s office are able to answer questions related to:

  • Withdrawing from a course or from the University
  • Time Out Program (withdrawing with the intention of returning)
  • Course repetition
  • Course reservation program
  • Drop/add process
  • Graduation
  • Enrollment verification
  • Residency requirements
  • Transcripts