There are many study abroad options that count towards the Environmental Studies (ENVS) Degree. Within each of these programs, certain classes have been approved to apply towards ENVS degree requirements (see PDFs below for lists of those classes and the requirements they satisfy). Other study abroad courses in these and other programs may be taken for core or elective credit at CU, but only classes on the PDFs below may count for the ENVS major. In the future it is possible that additional courses or locations will be included, but currently the only locations with classes that count are listed below.
Please be aware that not all courses at each location count for the Environmental Studies Degree, so check the list carefully, and do not assume unlisted courses will count. Contact your academic advisor with any questions.
- CIEE Bonaire: Caribbean Tropical Marine Ecology and Conservation
- CIEE Bonaire: Caribbean Tropical Marine Ecology and Conservation (SUMMER)
- CIEE Costa Rica: Monteverde Sustainability and the Environment
- CIEE Costa Rica: Monteverde Tropical Ecology and Conservation
- CIEE Costa Rica: Tropical Ecology and Conservation (SUMMER)
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Global Seminar: Conservation and Indigenous Peoples in Tanzania (Arusha, Tanzania) [This is a CU course offered through Study Abroad]
- Global Seminar: Conservation Biology & Practice in Brazil's Atlantic Forest (Nazaré Paulista) [This is a CU course offered through Study Abroad]
- Griffith University in Brisbane, Australia
- ISA Spain: Barcelona International Studies
- Murdoch University in Perth, Australia
- SIT Australia: Rainforest and Reef Ecology
- SIT Australia: Sustainability and Environmental Action
- SIT Brazil: Amazon Resource Management and Human Ecology
- SIT Ecuador: Comparative Ecology and Conservation
- SIT Iceland: Renewable Energy, Technology, and Resource Economies
- SIT India: Sustainable Development and Social Change
- SIT Madagascar: Biodiversity and Natural Resource Management
- SIT Panama: Tropical Ecology, Marine Ecosystems, and Biodiversity Conservation
- SIT Peru: Indigenous Peoples and Globalization
- SIT Tanzania: Wildlife Conservation and Political Ecology
- SIT Tanzania-Zanzibar: Coastal Ecology and Natural Resource Management
- University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand
- University of Wollongong
- Uppsala University in Sweden
- Victoria University of Wellington in Wellington, New Zealand
This list of courses applies to study abroad taken spring 2013 and later.
For detailed information on programs please see PDF documents below.