The college hosts 11 interdisciplinary research centers that bring together faculty, students, and other professional participants. These include two National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Centers, two joint centers with the Anschutz Medical Campus at the University of Colorado Denver, and two centers of the statewide Colorado Renewable Energy Collaboratory.
- BioServe Space Technologies
Facilitating commercial use of the unique environment of space for biomedical, pharmaceutical, bioprocessing, agricultural, and environmental research.
- Center for Advanced Decision Support for Water and Environmental Systems
Developing and implementing water resources and environmental decision support systems.
- Center for Aerospace Structures
Developing methods for the effective design, modeling and analysis of aircraft and space structures.
- Center for Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
Bridging biomedical science and clinical applications of new materials, including studying the molecular interactions that govern the stability of proteins in the presence of protective additives.
- Center for Research and Education in Wind
Advancing the science of wind energy technologies to make wind power more accessible by reducing its cost and increasing its reliability and efficiency.
- The Center for Software and Society
Bringing together members who can solve big science problems that include big data collection, analysis and interpretation, and organized around the leadership of Human Centered Computing principles. The center includes Empowering the Public with Information Crisis, which studies and supports the information needs of the public during times of mass emergency.
- Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research
Emphasizing astrodynamics, satellite oceanography, meteorology, geodesy and terrestrial vegetation studies.
- Colorado Center for Biorefining and Biofuels
Integrating renewable energy sources into the chemical and fuels industry.
- Colorado Power Electronics Center
Creating new modeling methods, control techniques and high-efficiency converter approaches for the power electronics industry.
- Membrane Applied Science and Technology Center
Developing the use of membrane technology to reduce energy consumption and costs of separation processes.
- Mortenson Center in Engineering for Developing Communities
Promoting integrated and participatory solutions to humanitarian development challenges worldwide.
- Research and Engineering Center for Unmanned Vehicles
Focusing on the design, build, and test of unmanned vehicles for scientific, industrial, and military applications.