Choosing or Changing My Major

You are here

I'm considering changing my major. Who can I talk to about it?
If you want to explore career paths to either confirm your choice of major or consider other possible majors that might be right for you, contact Career Services. Staff academic advisors and faculty mentors can also help you consider and better understand the options you have.

Want to explore more about different engineering majors and the career and research options they'll open up to you? Have a look at and the Sloan Career Cornerstone Center.

How can I change my major?
If you want to change your major to another major within the College of Engineering and Applied Science, you will need to complete a Change of Major Form.  You will need to obtain approval signatures from both of the academic departments involved prior to submitting the form to the Dean's Office.

If you want to change your major to one outside the College of Engineering and Applied Science, consult with an advisor in your new intended college or school.

If you are currently a student in another college on the CU-Boulder campus and would like to transfer to the College of Engineering and Applied Science, see our Intra-University Transfer page for information. 

Important Announcements

CUEngineering is here!
The 2014 edition of CUEngineering magazine is hot off the press! Check it out online.

Don't forget summer session!
CEAS courses don't slow down over the summer - choose from 58 undergraduate and graduate engineering courses during Maymester and sessions A-D, May 12-Aug. 8.

University of Colorado Boulder
© Regents of the University of Colorado
PrivacyLegal & Trademarks
College of Engineering & Applied Science
Contact Us