Skip to Content
Personal Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- Sign up for CU-Boulder Alerts:
- Program 226787, 67283, 303-492-4636, and email@example.com as "CU Alerts" to your phone contacts to help identify incoming text and/or voice calls.
- Program the 911 and (303) 492-6666 as "CUPD" (University of Colorado Police Department) to your phone contacts to help dial quickly in case of emergency.
- Provide your roommates and close friends contact information for your parents or others in case of an emergency. Make sure your parents know how to contact your roommates and/or close friends in case of emergencies.
- Understand the flood plain of CU-Boulder campuses.
- Know more than one way to get out of every building where you have classes. If one exit is blocked, you need to be able to get out of the building using a different exit.
- Be familiar with the fire exits in your home and in the buildings in which you have classes.
- Know where to shelter at home and at school in case of severe weather such as a flash flood, severe thunderstorm, or tornado.
- Avoid diseases such as the flu by washing your hands frequently, covering your cough or sneeze, and staying away from others when you are sick.
- Know the housing staff for your residence hall or apartment, including your Resident Assistant, Community Director, Landlord, or other staff in case there is an emergency or other problem.
- Have an emergency kit. (Suggestions are to include a flashlight, a radio (and fresh batteries), nonperishable food, a first aid kit, and other items.) Please click here for a listing of essential kit items.