From: Vital Student E-Memo (memofrom@Colorado.EDU)
Date: Wed Sep 21 2011 - 19:08:03 MDT
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:08:03 -0600 (MDT) From: Vital Student E-Memo <memofrom@Colorado.EDU> Subject: Security Phrase Needs to be Established in MyCUInfo
TO: All Boulder Campus Students
FROM: Office of the Registrar
SENDER: Office of the Registrar
SUBJECT: Security Phrase Needs to be Established in MyCUInfo
There is a new feature in MyCUInfo that allows students to enter a "security phrase" of up to 50 characters. This "security phrase" will be used any time you call a University department for information regarding your student record. This phrase can be of any length (up to 50 characters), but it should be a phrase that you will remember. This security phrase will allow us to identify that you are the caller - you may be asked for it in addition to your student number.
To set your security phrase, go to MyCUInfo and go to the Student Tab. From there:
1. Go to the "Online Student Center" using any of the three links on the page ("Register for Classes", "Add/Drop/Swap Classes", or "Search Classes".)
2. Scroll down to the PERSONAL INFORMATION section, and use the drop down menu on the left where it indicates "other personal...". Select "Security Phrase". Click the double arrows (>>) next to "Security Phrase".
3. Enter in a phrase in the box, up to 50 characters.
4. Click "SAVE".
- For added security, only provide your security phrase to someone at the University who is assisting you with information from your student record.
- It should be long enough that it would be difficult for someone to guess.
- Should not be a famous quote you use often.
- Security phrases that can be considered hostile, intimidating or offensive may violate the Student Code of Conduct and may be reported to the Office of Student Conduct.
There is also a tutorial on this on the Office of the Registrar website - look for "Security Phrase" on the following page and open the demo - http://registrar.colorado.edu/students/students.html#PassPhrase
Please be sure to set this security phrase. This is being done to help insure the privacy of information from your student record. Remember that if you would like information released to your parent from your record, they will not be able to use this "security phrase". You must have completed a "Student Permission Form" and set up a password your parent can use to access information you have approved for release. This form is available at http://registrar.colorado.edu/students/pdf/student_permission_to_access_record.pdf.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Wed Sep 21 2011 - 19:08:04 MDT