From: General Student E-Memo (memofrom@Colorado.EDU)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2011 - 21:00:18 MST
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 21:00:18 -0700 (MST) From: General Student E-Memo <memofrom@Colorado.EDU> Subject: Looking for a Job or Internship? Or exploring careers?
TO: Select CU Students
FROM: Career Services
SUBJECT: Looking for a Job or Internship? Or exploring careers?
English Degree-Seeking Students --- Learn How to Turn your Degree into a Career!
- Wednesday, February 2, 5:00-6:30pm, Koenig Alumni Center
- Join us for a conversation with successful CU alumni who have English degrees.
- You will learn how they navigated life after CU as a stock broker, senior vice president of a major corporation and more. You will also learn what the job market looks like today for English majors. Light appetizers will be served.
- This event is hosted by the English Department, the Alumni Association and Career Services. For more information, e-mail Melanie.ricci@Colorado.edu or call 303-492-8484
Educators Panel for Student Teachers
- Monday, February 7, 5-7pm in EDUC 220
- Listen to administrators and human resources personnel from front-range schools talk about: the application process, how to prepare for an interview, interview questions, appropriate dress, job fairs, and more. This is an invaluable information session for teacher candidates.
How to Handle Job Offers & Salary Negotiations - open to all students
- Thursday, February 10, 5:30-7:00pm in Engineering ECCR 200.
- Guest Speaker: Rick Walker, Lockheed Martin - will share valuable info about how most companies handle job offers and salary negotiations. Learn what to expect, how to be prepared, questions to ask, how to consider the variety of benefits, and how to handle yourself when requesting more money.
- This event is for ALL majors - not just Engineering!!! Bring all questions!
Ace Your Interview - panel presentation, open to all students
- Thursday, February 17, 5:30-7:00pm in Center for Community, S350
- Employer recruiters offer advice for preparing for an interview, and tips for how to respond to different interview questions.
- Panelists: Digital Globe, ReadyTalk, ReturnPath, and Rally Development.
- No need to sign up. Just show up!
Careers in Consulting - panel presentation, open to all students
- Tuesday, February 22, 5:30-7:00pm in C4C Abrams Lounge, 3rd Floor
- Interested in a Career in Consulting? Hear what current entry-level consultants do on the job, interesting client problems they're working to solve, challenges they face, and advice about how to find a position in consulting.
- Co-sponsored by Career Services & Leeds Career Connections
Sustainability Job Search Workshop
- February 24, 6-7:30pm, C4C, S350
- The process of finding jobs and internships can be overwhelming! If you're interested in working in a career where you can make an environmental difference, this workshop is for you. We'll cover some of the best job search strategies and provide helpful tips to using online resources. After attending this workshop, you'll be able to:
o identify social networking groups for sustainable professions
o work on WHAT TO SAY at those events & how to make the most of your network
o become familiar with other sustainable resources; i.e. Go Green section of Career Services' website and other online resources
- Space is limited, so show up EARLY and bring your laptop.
Interviewing & Introduction Skills Workshop for International / ESL Students
- February 28, 5:30-7:00pm, C4C, S482
- All majors and class levels are welcome. No need to sign up - just show up.
- If you have any questions, contact Gail.Georgeson@colorado.edu
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Wed Feb 02 2011 - 21:00:20 MST