Advising – Undergraduate and Post BA Candidates
Each teacher licensure candidate in the School of Education has two advisors: the Education/Student Advisor and a Faculty Advisor. Undergraduates are responsible for seeking major and degree advising through their designated College of Arts & Sciences advisor. It is strongly recommended to see both advisors regularly to ensure that you are progressing in the best way.
The student advisor helps you navigate through your teacher licensure program to completion and licensure. The student advisor will assist you in the following ways:
- Help you tailor course planning/sequencing options
- Ensure that you understand the requirements for licensure and how to meet those requirements
- Monitor your progress through the licensure portion of your program
- Keep you informed about important deadlines and events
- Perform student teaching checkouts
- Inform you about licensure issues
Faculty Advisors assist you with big picture issues, such as professional-level guidance. Your faculty advisor will assist you in the following ways:
- Career counseling
- Professional advice
- Goal clarification
- Your intellectual development and growth as a teacher
- Answers to substantive questions about education courses
- PBA-to-MA track selection
How to Seek Advising
To meet with the Education/Student Advisor, call (303) 492-6555 to schedule an appointment or check the advisor’s schedule at the Office of Student Services Student Support desk in EDUC 151.
To meet with your Faculty Advisor, e-mail or call your advisor directly. Click here for the faculty directory. If you are unsure about the identity of your faculty advisor, call (303) 492-6555 or come by the Office of Student Services Student Support desk.
Check the Advising Handbook for the answer.
Undergraduate/Post-BA Advising Handbook