I grew up in Connecticut and received my Bachelor’s degree in Bilingual/Bicultural Elementary Education from Loyola University of Chicago in 2011. After graduating from college, I decided to put my teaching training to use in a different light. I taught skiing at Killington Mountain in Vermont for two seasons. Then in the spring of 2012, I moved to central Chile and taught English to high school students for a year.
In the fall of 2013, I moved to Boulder to start my Master’s degree in Educational Equity and Cultural Diversity. I am currently a full-time student and am also working on a literacy research study through the BUENO Center at the university. So far this program has expanded my knowledge base on educating emerging bilinguals and has connected educational research to practice.
As the student ambassador for the Educational Equity and Cultural Diversity Master’s program, I am excited to help answer prospective students’ questions and share my passion for all that the School of Education, the Boulder area, and Colorado have to offer.
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- SMBF: Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- SMBF: Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- EPSY: Educational Psychology & Learning Sciences
- REM: Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure
- Partners in Education (PIE)