Literacy Studies and ROTATE
Ashley Cartun is a PhD candidate in Literacy Studies and ambassador for the program area. Prior to coming to CU-Boulder, she was an English teacher at the secondary level.
Ashley's research interests include critical literacy, teacher education, educational equity and diversity, reading and writing in education, and young adult and children's literature. Her current research focuses on teacher education, writing in the elementary grades, and pedagogies of critical witness, affect and emotion in relation to knowledge, power and literacies.
Ashley was the recipient of the Elizabeth Wilson award in 2013.
MA Education, Curriculum and Instruction (Literacy), University of Connecticut, 2007
BS English Education, University of Connecticut, 2006
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- EECD: Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- EFPP: Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- LSHD: Learning Sciences & Human Development
- REM: Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure
- Partners in Education (PIE)