Alaina Feltenberger Beaver
Alaina Feltenberger Beaver is a PhD candidate in Curriculum and Instruction–Literacy Studies with a projected defense date of Spring 2015.
Prior to joining the community in the School of Education, Alaina was a high school English teacher in Brooklyn and Queens as a member of the New York City Teaching Fellows.
Alaina's research interests include digital literacies, multimodal assignment design, secondary and post-secondary composition practices, and online learning environments. She is the founder and Coordinator of the Online Composition Hub, and online multiliteracies tutoring center for the Division of Continuing Education (http://composition.colorado.edu/).
Alaina was awarded the Edythe V. Billingslea Memorial Scholarship in 2012.
MA English Literature, University of Colorado Boulder
MS English Education, City University of New York
BA English (Honors College), Ohio University
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- EECD: Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- EFPP: Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- LSHD: Learning Sciences & Human Development
- REM: Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure
- Partners in Education (PIE)