Minimum of two upper level undergraduate courses related to learning and human development. For example, courses in psychology, sociology, or education that touch on topics such as how people learn, cognition, and the social and cultural contexts of development including the study of culture, race, ethnicity, gender, or linguistics would be relevant.
Minimum of two courses related to learning in the disciplines in one of the following areas: literacy, history, mathematics, science, or engineering.
Please also consult the MA in Educational Psychology and Learning Sciences Degree Plan
- Core Requirements (6 hours)
- Core Electives (9 hours)
- Plan I - with a thesis - Six (6) semester hours selected with the advisor's approval; or
- Plan II - without a thesis - Twelve (12) semester hours selected with the advisor's approval.
- International Students only: TOEFL scores (114) or IELTS (8.0)
Students can fulfill the electives requirement by taking courses from the School of Education or from other departments on campus (e.g., Psychology).
Each candidate is expected to participate, beyond course and program requirements, in the academic life of the university. Emphasis is on the candidate's growing independence in scholarship; annual evaluation of progress includes a review of general scholarly involvement as well as success in course work.
A written comprehensive examination must be completed during the student's last term of study for the MA degree. The examination will cover the content of all work in the program. Students transferring course work from other institutions to this program (up to nine semester hours may be taken at other approved institutions) are responsible for the same knowledge as those whose work has been taken entirely at the University of Colorado Boulder.
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- Educational Psychology & Learning Sciences
- Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure Programs
- Partners in Education (PIE) Program