Minimum Requirements for Admission
Admissions decisions are based on multiple criteria, including undergraduate academic record, scores on examinations, letters of recommendation, personal statement, evidence of special accomplishments, and relevant past experience. Criteria are considered in the aggregate. Special strength in one area can compensate for below-expectation status on another criterion. Congruence between program and student goals is also an important consideration. Admission to all graduate programs in the School of Education is competitive; meeting minimal admission criteria does not guarantee admission. The program has affirmative action goals, and candidates from historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Foundation work in psychology appropriate for graduate study.
- Academic and professional interests that are consonant with those of a member of the EPSY faculty.
- Supportive academic and/or professional recommendations.
Persons interested in this program must seek admission to the Graduate School of the University of Colorado Boulder.
*The University no longer offers a paper application. Please contact the School of Education if you have difficulty with the online application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following documents contain information about grades, grade point averages, time limits, independent study/readings credits, deadlines, and other relevant topics. Please consult them for additional information about School of Education graduate programs and all required coursework.
The following are the deadlines for submitting complete application materials.
- Summer Term and Fall Semester—February 1*
- Spring Semester—September 1*
*The School of Education accepts Master’s Applications for Spring, Summer, and Fall terms. Deadlines listed are Priority deadlines: September 1 (for Spring admission) and February 1 (for Summer and Fall admission). Other MA applicants will be considered on a monthly basis for available spaces only when their application is complete. The application will be closed for maintenance from March to July and we will not accept applications for Summer admission at that time. Please notify the department if you are submitting an application after the posted priority deadlines at email@example.com.
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- Educational Psychology & Learning Sciences
- Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure Programs
- Partners in Education (PIE)