You are here
MA+ Students Meet with VP of Walden Media and President of AFT
December 16, 2013
MA+ students in Professor Dan Liston's Advanced Social Foundations of Education (EDUC 5005) course enjoyed the opportunity to hold personal meetings via Skype with two leaders in educational reform. After viewing the well-known documentary, Waiting for Superman, and reading related literature on education reform and history, students Skyped with Randy Testa, Vice President of Education and Professional Development at Walden Media (a partner in producing the film) about the film's roll-out and widespread responses. Student Ali Arams was able to then set up a Skype meeting with Randi Weingarten, President of the American Federation of Teachers (AFT), about the film's depiction of her and the AFT as well as her own perspectives on education reform.
These rich experiences are just one example of the depth of learning that takes place in the School of Education's MA+ Licensure and other graduate programs. For further information on our program offerings, please see www.colorado.edu/education/graduate-programs.
- C&I: Humanities Education
- C&I: Literacy Studies
- C&I: Math & Science Education
- C&I: Research on Teaching & Teacher Education
- EECD: Educational Equity & Cultural Diversity
- EFPP: Educational Foundations, Policy & Practice
- LSHD: Learning Sciences & Human Development
- REM: Research & Evaluation Methodology
- MA + Licensure
- Partners in Education (PIE)