Professor Edward Morey
Econ 2010, Edward's class
ways the T.A.s can help you
Your recitation will be the main place for you to get help
Every week in recitation your T.A. will:
1. quickly review the week's material
2. answer your questions about the lectures and book chapter
3. Every week the T.A. will help you to work through and answer two the questions from a past exam, questions relevant to that week's material. This will be done by dividing you into groups of three to work on those problems. The T.A.(s) will wander from group to group providing help. You will not just choose an answer to the multiple-choice question, but as a group you will write out why you choose correctly (why your choice is the best choice).
4. Depending on time, your T.A. can help you with the practice quizzes
5. Your T.A. will encourage you to work through and answer additional old exam questions, and will help you with that process (if there is not time in recitation
We encourage you to bring you laptop to recitation, so while you are there you have access to the Aplia web site and the online quizzes.
If you are not getting what you need from your recitation, make constructive suggestions to your T.A. as to how the recitation might be improved.
Assuming you are participating in recitation, feel free to visit your T.A. (or another T.A) during his or her office hours to get help with the material.
If you blow-off the recitations, it would be rude to ask for help during office hours, or email asking for help
You can join, on a temporary or permanent basis, other recitation groups. But remember that you grade for recitation will be determined for the recitation section in which you are enrolled.
If you need to contact someone by email, try your T.A. first - she or he is your main contact person for the course.
Contact me via email | Home Page | Top of Page
Last Update August 26, 2014