Published: Feb. 2, 2017

Iuliana Schraut

Iuliana Schraut
Hometown: Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Majors: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Astrophysics
Involvement: First Generation Scholars Program, Nontraditional Scholars in Physics, Astronomy and Astrophysics Ÿ College of Edu, Student Asst Ÿ Physics Dept, Learning Asst
Fun Fact: I was born and raised in Transylvania, Romania.

Favorite part of being a CU Student: Opportunities. Not only am I getting a quality education, but I am able to build upon previous experiences.

In addition to being a student, I am a mom to two beautiful boys, I have a part-time job outside the university environment, I work at CU Boulder about 15-20 hours a week, and I train as a runner, hoping to finish the Pikes Peak Marathon next year. Being a non-traditional student from another country is difficult on its own, but having so many responsibilities adds additional challenges. One of my biggest strengths is determination. It’s important to turn dreams into goals. When I have goals, I work towards them, regardless of the obstacles I face. This involves a lot of discipline and organization. I wake up at 6-7am every day, follow a strict schedule, and maintain a healthy body and mind. I make sure that I have one day a week to focus solely on my children, without any distractions. It is all about finding balance between my responsibilities. I am not perfect, and I do have setbacks, but it is important to always have the goals in mind. Every setback is a learning experience and an opportunity to grow. I strive to constantly improve as a person, and be a better mom.

Interested in being the next CUE Student Success Programs Student Spotlight?
For more information on the Student Spotlight, please contact Justina Boyd at justina.boyd@colorado.edu.