COMMITTEE ON PERSONAL SAFETY
MISSION STATEMENT 12/96
The Committee On Personal Safety (COPS) believes that students, faculty
and staff at the University of Colorado at Boulder are entitled to live,
learn and work in a safe campus environment. COPS strives to keeps abreast
of the overall picture of safety for individuals within the campus community
and brings safety related concerns to the attention of appropriate departments.
The Committee has specific interests to:
1. Monitor environmental considerations such as lighting, trees, shrubbery,
parking, and emergency phones.
2. Monitor programs related to traveling safely on campus at night.
3. Communicate and collaborate with law enforcement officials on campus
to train, provide educational programs, initiate policy development, and
identify safety related needs on campus.
4. Communicate information about victim support services including centralized
resources, advocacy and counseling to members of the campus community.
5. Provide/coordinate awareness and education regarding crime and crime
prevention on campus.
6. Present campus safety orientation sessions for incoming freshmen and
7. Work to be knowledgeable about safety issues, resources and programs
on campus and communicate this information to the campus community
STRUCTURE OF THE COMMITTEE:
The chair of the COPS committee for 1996-1997 is Kevin Nolan. Kevin can
be reached at 492-4430. Kevin's electronic mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEMBERSHIP: COPS will strive to include the following members of the
CU Boulder community.
One Student Representative each from:
Representation from each of the following:
Director, Office of Student Conduct
Director or Assistant Director, Ombuds Office
The above are suggestions. Any member of the campus community is welcome
to attend COPS meetings or bring an issue or safety concern to the committee's
FUNDING FOR COMMITTEE:
The following groups/departments have contributed financially to COPS
REPORT OF COMMITTEE ACTIVITIES:
An annual report of the committee activities will be written by the chair
and submitted to the committee, funding agencies and campus officers
COPS Home Page CU