Published: Jan. 31, 2016

Liz Kollipara is an Accounting Technician III on CCO’s Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA) Invoicing and Cash Management Team. Get to know her a little better in our brief interview.

Please tell us about your prior experience and what brought you to CCO?

Before joining the CCO team, I worked at the Colorado Department of Human Services for four years. I worked in the General Accounting Unit as the Cashier and helped out in Accounts Payable. I also worked in the Program Accounting Unit as the Program Accountant for The Office of Early Childhood, The Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, and Juvenile Parole Board. I set up access for users in CORE, the state’s financial system, and helped with basic reporting and troubleshooting issues. I have also worked in Medical Billing and Reimbursement. 

As far as my educational background goes, I have a BA in Anthropology from CU-Boulder and a BS in Accounting from MSUD. I live in Longmont, so I was looking for positions closer to home. I knew CU-Boulder would be a great place to work and when I saw the Invoicing Technician position open, I knew that would be a great fit for me, because it is what I really enjoy doing. I am so thankful to be a part of this team!

What do you find most interesting about your new career position in Sponsored Projects Accounting?

What I find most interesting about my new position is how many projects there are and the complexity of each sponsored project. Every project is unique and paying close attention to detail is so important. I am also really excited about learning a new financial system.

What do you view as the greatest opportunity within this role?

I view the greatest opportunity within this role is working as a team to learn how Elevate PeopleSoft FIN 9.2 works and creating processes that may be different than before. 

What best practices would you share with the departments?

I think keeping the communication channels open, and being clear about what is needed and when, are some of the best things are we can do to accomplish our tasks.

On a personal note, what do you enjoy doing outside of CCO?

While outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my husband, Sunil, and my dog, Trudy. I love reading, watching movies, completing any kind of puzzle and crafting. I have also started practicing yoga. My husband and I love to travel and we will be going on a trip to Bali in April. I am so excited!