Published: Sept. 30, 2015

Lin Yang is a CCO Accounting Technician III on Sponsored Projects Accounting’s (SPA’s) Invoicing and Cash Management team. Get to know her a little better in our brief interview below.

Please tell us about your prior experience and what brought you to CCO?

I joined CU-Boulder Bursar’s Office in January, 2012. I really enjoyed working with my Office of Cash Management team members to serve CU-Boulder students by assisting with tuition payments and over 270 internal departments daily cash receipts. As part of my career path, I wanted to expand my knowledge, experience and skills and take on more responsibility. I was excited when this position in CCO became available.
What do you find most interesting about your new career in SPA?

SPA is a place full of energy, vision, and most importantly, people who really make a difference. I love the diversity of both the job and the people who work here. I have learned a different perspective from each of my colleagues. Everyone is very supportive and eager to help one another.

hat do you view as the greatest opportunity within this role?

Improving communication and information-sharing to ensure that all sponsors continue to be treated respectfully and are happy to support our university.

What best practices would you share with the departments?

Organization and time management are essential to make sure all the projects get invoiced and paid on time. Everyone must be aware of and abide by the rules, to assure that all transactions fall within agency guidelines. 

On a personal note, what do you enjoy doing outside of CCO?

In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, watching movies, reading books, cooking, eating, listening to music, walking, hiking and traveling. Recently, my parents, my husband and I visited Seattle, Washington and Victoria and Vancouver in Canada.