In the event of an emergency, you may use any public pay telephone toll free to reach help. Dial the 9-1-1 emergency number or 0 to reach the operator. Dialing 9-1-1 from campus telephones connects you with the campus police. 

To call an on-campus number from a campus phone, you need only dial the last five digits of the campus phone number. To call an off-campus number, first dial a 7 from any lobby phone or an 8 from a residence hall or office phone. All calls within the 303 or 720 area codes require the full 10-digit phone number. Free phones are available for local calls in many public locations throughout campus such as the UMC reception desk, the Student Recreation Center, the Regent Hall lobby, and in residence hall lobbies. Pay phones are also available in many campus buildings. 

Several departments across campus have TTY, and a campus directory for TTYs or pay phones with TTY on campus is available online. To communicate with hearing individuals or TTY users, call Relay Colorado (see instructions at

For administrative directory assistance (to find a phone number for a faculty or staff member) dial 303-492-1411  or go to

Give FeedbackSee More Photos View Photo