Thanks to a grant from CUSG, the Yoga & Meditation Club will be hosting a cutting-edge leadership and stress-management program called yesplus that is designed specifically for college students from Jan. 17-20. Applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited.
Yesplus (usually $295) will be offered at no cost to full-time CU students (upon successful application) Jan. 17-20 (6:30-10 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, and 11 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday) in UMC 235. The program aims to help students achieve goals, decrease stress, boost happiness levels, make a difference in the world, build leadership skills and become part of a thriving and empowered community of amazing individuals. The workshop has been taken by students in 75 universities around the country (e.g. at Stanford University where it is offered for credit) and courses are regularly offered in forward-thinking institutions such as Google.
Here are a few things you’ll learn on yesplus:
• Success Without Stress – Think that success and stress go hand in hand? Think again, we’re more creative and productive without stress
• Focus – learn how to make your mind ninja-sharp for studying, decrease procrastination and improve study skills
• Inspiration and Community Impact – Be the change you want to see
• Energy – learn unique techniques to boost your energy and productivity
• Empowerment – we all have hidden skills and talents, when we break through the barriers of stress, we rise to new levels
• Connection – meet an empowered and thriving new community, make deep friendships (yes, in one week!) and take existing friendships to a whole new level
• Leadership – learn tricks for connection, interpersonal skills, communication, and inspiration
• Overcome Fears – get over old memories and fears
• Feel Awesome – learn yoga, breathing and meditation skills to suck stress out of every cell of your body!