The Gee Award is the only award in the CU system that specifically recognizes outstanding work on women’s issues and a concerted effort to advance women in the academy. It carries with it a $1,000 prize, and the recipient will have an opportunity to present his/her scholarly work at the 12th Annual CU Women Succeeding Faculty Professional Development Symposium
to be held on Feb. 28, 2014.Eligibility:
Any full-time faculty member from any of the CU campuses may be nominated. See below for more details.Criteria:
The criteria for selecting recipients of the award are as follows:
1. Record of advancing women in the academic community (please note that nominee should show evidence of advancing women beyond his/her own department);
2. Significant and original scholarship and/or creative work;
3. Record of research, teaching, and/or service that pushes the boundaries of disciplinary knowledge and makes connection between disciplines;
3. Distinguished record in teaching excellence.Nomination:
To nominate a candidate, please submit the following:
1. a nomination statement in letter form (please individually address each of the
four criteria listed above in the letter),
2. a two- to three-page abbreviated current curriculum vitae of the nominee
3. a one- to two-page personal statement from the nominee (please individually address each of the four criteria listed above in the statement), and
4. Letters of support from the University community and the extended academic community. One letter from a student or advisee is optional.
Nomination packets should not exceed 20 pages. Only complete nomination packets sent in by Nov. 11, 2013 will be reviewed.
Please electronically submit the nominating packet as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please contact Faculty Council or Melinda.Piket-May@cu.edu
Previous nominees are encouraged to re-apply. Preference will be given to nominees who have been with the University of Colorado at least five years.
for a complete list of previous award winners.