Have you seen leaking faucets or sprinklers watering the sidewalk instead of plants somewhere on campus? Do you manage a lab, data center or dining facility that could be using water more efficiently? Or, are you just interested in doing your part to help conserve and reduce water use on campus?
Check out these quick tips to reduce use and conserve water. You’ll be reducing water use and helping to reduce energy use too.
- Turn faucets off completely.
- Report leaking faucets, running toilets and outside irrigation missing the plants.
- Take shorter showers.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth or soaping up your hands or face for washing.
- Use professional car washes – save water, protect water quality and end up with a clean car.
- Only run full loads in dishwashers and washing machines.
- Take advantage of the water refill stations across campus – ARC, Clare Small, Eckley, Engineering, ENVD, Macky, MCDB, Muenzinger, Stadium Pipefitters Shop and Theatre and Dance – stay hydrated, and avoid wasting water and plastic bottles.
- Save water, save energy – learn about the water energy connection.
Kristin Epley, Sustainability Project Manager