Abstracts of Selected Readings on
Transformative Approaches to Conflict
Readings on Transformative Approaches to Conflict
- Amodeo, John and Kris Wentworth, "Working With Anger"
- Burton, John and Frank Dukes (eds.). Conflict: Readings in
Management and Resolution (Note: this book contains articles on problem-solving
and transformative approaches.)
- Burton, John and Frank Dukes. Conflict: Practices in
Management, Settlement and Resolution (Note: this book contains articles on
problem-solving and transformative approaches.)
- Dukes, Frank. "Public Conflict Resolution, A Transformative
- Kesner, Idalene and Debra Shapiro. "Did a 'Failed' Negotiation
- Kritek, Phyllis Beck. Negotiating at an Uneven Table
- Ross, Marc Howard. The Management of Conflict
- Schwerin, Edward. Mediation, Citizen Empowerment, and
- Stewart, John, ed. Bridges Not Walls
- Vayrynen, Raimo. New Directions in Conflict Theory
Readings on Transformative Mediation and related
- Boskey, James B. "The Proper Role of the Mediator: Rational
Assessment, Not Pressure (reply to Matz)"
- Bush, Robert A. Baruch, and Joe Folger. The Promise of
- Bush, Robert A. Baruch The Dilemmas of Mediation Practice: A
Study of Ethical Dilemmas and Policy Implications
- Cobb, Sara. "Empowerment and Mediation: A Narrative
- Davis, Albie. "The Logic Behind the Magic of Mediation"
- Fleischer, Janice M. "Directing and Administerating a
Mediation Program: The Transformative Approach"
- Folger, Joseph and Robert Baruch Bush. "Ideology,
Orientation to Conflict, and Mediation Discourse"
- Folger, Joseph and Robert A. Baruch Bush. "Transformative
Mediation and Third-Party Intervention: Ten Hallmarks of a Transformative Approach to
- Folger, Joseph and Tricia Jones, eds. New Directions in
- Grillo, Trina. "Respecting the Struggle: Following the
- Kriesberg, Louis. "Transforming Conflicts in the Middle
East and Central Europe"
- Matz, David E. "Mediator Pressure and Autonomy: Are They
Consistent with Each Other?"
- Pope, Sally Ganong. "Inviting Fortuitous Events in Mediation:
The Role of Empowerment and Recognition"
- Sander, Frank. "The Obsession with Settlement Rates"
Selected Readings on Mediation in General
(These books compare different approach to mediation, including at least by
implication, the transformative approach.)
- Chupp, Mark. "Conflict Transformation: A Spiritual
- Chupp, Mark. "When Mediation is Not Enough"
- Diamond, Louise. "Beyond win/Win: The Heroic Journey of
- Fisher, Ronald. The Social Psychology of Intergroup and
International Conflict Resolution
- Kraybill, Ron. "The Cycle of Reconciliation"
- Louis Kriesberg, Terrell Northrup, and Stuart Thorson, Intractable
Conflicts and their Transformations
- Lederach, John Paul. "Director's Circle"
- Lederach, John Paul. "The Meeting Place"
- Lederach, John Paul. Preparing for Peace, Conflict
Transformation Across Cultures
- Northrup, Terrell. "The Dynamic of Identity in Personal and
- Rothman, Jay. From Confronation to Cooperation
- Vayrynen, Raimo. "To Settle or Transform? Perspectives on
the Resolution of National and International Conflicts"
Readings on Human Needs and Analytical Problem
- Chasin, Richard, Margaret Herzig, Sallyann Roth, Laura Chasin,
Carol Becker, and Robert Stains, Jr. "From Diatribe to Dialogue on Divisive Public
Issues: Approaches Drawn from Family Therapy."
- Gerard, Glenna and Linda Teurfs. "Dialogue and Organizational
- Rothman, Jay. "Reflexive Dialogue as Transformation"
- Stewart, John, and Milt Thomas. "Dialogic Listening;
Scupting Mutual Meanings"
Readings on Collaborative Learning
Information: Contact: Guy Burgess or Heidi Burgess, Co-Directors,
Conflict Research Consortium, University of Colorado, Campus
Box 327, Boulder, Colorado, 80309-0327, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (303) 492-1635; Fax: (303)492-2154.
Copyright 1997 © by Conflict Research Consortium