List of Problem Categories
Note: Each of these links to a list of common conflict problems in that
category. That list then links to the full write-ups.
- Framing - Problems defining what the
conflict is about and how it is to be addressed
- Scoping - Problems defining who else is involved, what
they think, and what the context or the environment of the conflict is
- Communication - Problems talking with
and/or understanding people involved in the conflict (on your side and on other sides).
- Fact-Finding - Problems agreeing on
facts relating to the situation
- Procedural Issues - Problems determining how
decisions should be made or regarding the fairness or justice of the decision making
- Escalation - Problems involving the
intensification of the conflict
- Force - Problems associated with using coercive
approaches to the conflict (approaches which try to force one side to do something against
- Integrative System - Problems
associated with relationships between people or groups
- Exchange - Problems negotiating
Use the "back" button to return to the previous screen.
Copyright ©1998 Conflict Research Consortium --