Senior Instructor and Associate Chair
Screencasts and ConcepTests at www.LearnChemE.Com
Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, May 1998, University of Colorado
M.S. in Chemical Engineering, May 1994, University of Colorado
B.A. in Art History, May 1977, Barnard College
- Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering Faculty Mentor Award, 2011
- Boulder Faculty Assembly Teaching Award, 2010
- Best Paper, Frontiers in Education Conference, 1999, 2000
- "Professor Who Makes A Difference", Mechanical Engineering, Spring 2000
- Sullivan-Carlson Innovation in Teaching Award, Fall 1999
- Outstanding Part-time Graduate Instructor, University of Colorado, at Boulder, May 1996
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant, Chemical Engineering 1993
- de Grazia, J.L., Sullivan, J.F., Carlson, L.E. and Carlson, D.W. (2001), "A K-12 / University Partnership: Creating Tomorrow's Engineers, " Journal of Engineering Education, October 2001.
- de Grazia, J.L., (2001), "Engineering Workshops for K-12 Schoolteachers, " Proceedings, 2001 Frontiers in Education Conference, paper #1297.
- de Grazia, J.L., Sullivan, J.F. Aragon, , D.J. and Matthews, J.M. (2001), "Success Institute: Expanding the Pool of Under-Represented Minority Engineering Students, " Proceedings, 2001 Frontiers in Education Conference, paper #1293.
- de Grazia, J.L., Sullivan, J.F., Carlson, L.E. and Carlson, D.W. (2000), "Engineering in the K-12 Classroom: A Partnership that Works, " Proceedings, 2000 Frontiers in Education Conference.
- Sullivan, J.F., de Grazia, J.L. Davis,, S.E. and Carlson, L.E. (1999), "Innovation in Everyday Life: Making Engineering Come Alive for the K-12 Community, " Proceedings, 1999 National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance Annual National Conference, Washington , DC, .
- Sullivan, J.F. Davis,, S.E., de Grazia, J.L. and Carlson, D.W. (1999), "Beyond the Pipeline: Building a K-12 Engineering Outreach Program, " Proceedings, 1999 Frontiers in Education Conference.
- Poole, S.J., de Grazia, J.L. and Sullivan, J.F. (1999), "Assessing K-12 Pre-Engineering Outreach Programs, " Proceedings, 1999 Frontiers in Education Conference.
- Randolph,, T.W. and Johnston,, K.P. (1999), "Surfactants for Supercritical Fluids" in Chemical Synthesis Using Supercritical Fluids, Jessop and Leitner, eds. Wiley.
- de Grazia, J.L., O'Brien, J. and Randolph, T.W. (1998), "Rotational Relaxation in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Revisited: A Study of Solute-Induced Local Density Augmentation, " J. Phys. Chem. A, 102, 1674-1681.
- Heitz, M.P., Carlier, C., de Grazia, J.L., Harrison, K.L., Johnston, K.P., Randolph, T.W., Bright, F.V. (1997), "Water Core within Perfluoropolyether-Based Micromeulsions Formed in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide, " J. Phys. Chem. B, 101, 6707-6714.
- Ascentiis, A.D.; de Grazia, J.L.; Bowman, C.N.;Colombo,, P. (1995), "Mucoadhesion of poly(2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) is improved when linear poly(ethylene oxide) chains are added to the polymer network, " Journal of Controlled Release, 33, 197-200.
- de Grazia, J.L. and Bowman, C.N. (1995), "Settling Characteristics of Microparticles Modified by Hydrophilic Semi-Interpenetrating Polymer Networks, " J. Appl. Polymer Sci., 55, 793-805.