Astrodynamics and Satellite Navigation Systems
Astrodynamics and Satellite Navigation Systems Certificate
The certificate recognizes student accomplishments at the graduate level in successfully completing a specialized program of study in Astrodynamics and Satellite Navigation (ASN). It is essentially a specialization of the aerospace engineering sciences master of science (MS) degree in the ASN focus area with additional requirements for breadth and depth in the ASN area.
The certificate will make students more desirable to future employers looking for astrodynamics and satellite navigation specialists.
Complete all four core area subjects in ASN, plus two advanced ASN courses of the student’s choosing.
- ASEN 5010 Spacecraft Attitude Dynamics and Control
- ASEN 5050 Astrodynamics (can be satisfied by taking an additional 6000-level course that has ASEN 5050 as a prerequisite.)
- ASEN 5070 Statistical Orbit Determination
- ASEN 5090 Introduction to Global Navigation Satellite Systems
Select ANY two 6000-level courses in ASN including:
- ASEN 6080 Advanced Statistical Orbit Determination
- ASEN 6090 GNSS Software and Applications (course number assignment pending)
- ASEN 6091 Satellite Navigation Receiver and Architectures (course number assignment pending)
- ASEN 6519 Advanced Spacecraft Attitude and Control
- ASEN 6519 Spacecraft Formation Flying
- ASEN 6519 Optimal Trajectories
- ASEN 6519 Advanced Astrodynamics and Celestial Mechanics