Published: Aug. 27, 2015

CU students, scholars, staff, and faculty are welcome at International Coffee Hour! Are you... Someone who likes good conversations with interesting people? An armchair traveler? An International Affairs major? A Study Abroad Program returnee? An international student or scholar? A GRAPer? Join CU International for International Coffee Hour, Friday afternoons, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m., across from Baby Doe's and the Alfred Packer Grill in the UMC Grill. International Coffee Hour happens every week except during school holidays and summer. Free refreshments! No reservations are required.

Here is what students told the Daily Camera about International Coffee Hour:

"For me it's pronunciation," [Cayley Buie] said. "It's really helpful for pronunciation because if the only person you ever hear is your teacher, you don't really get the full experience of slang and stuff like that.

"I can talk about a lot of common topics or issues that are going on in their country in their own language. I think they also feel comforted by being able to speak (Japanese) with someone because it's not very common in America."

"It's a marvelous place to interact with people, make friends and talk," said [Yuhta] Katai [of Japan], who's studying psychology. "I'm kind of an introvert. I like to stay in my room all the time. So from time to time, I wanna go out and interact with people so this is like a haven."

"Only people who actually want to have a conversation come here," [Natalia] Marroquin [of El Salavdor] said. "They're sort of in the same place, being international students. You meet here and you become friends."

"I love coffee and international students," [Haley Stein of Kentucky] said. "I find them interesting. It's a lot of different people, different cultures, different majors. It gets you out of the lab or the studio or wherever you spend all of your time."

To read the full article, visit http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_27616807/cu-boulders-international-coffee-hour-unites-students-from.