Ad Hoc Committee and Task Force Reports
- The BFA created an Ad-Hoc Committee on University Outreach to advocate for CU on December 9, 2010 (BFA-R-120910).
- At its meeting on January 31st, 2011 the BFA Executive Committee will hear a report from Provost Russell Moore and Associate Vice Chancellor for Outreach Anne Heinz on various intitiatives already underway at CU.
- August, 2007 - In response to a request from the BFA, Provost DiStefano created two task forces - one to consider a variety of issues touching on the status of instructors, and another to consider career tracks for research faculty.
- Fall Semester, 2007 - Both task forces met several times in fall semester and generated two reports:
- October 18, 2008 - Task Force Chair Jeff Mitton issued a summary of the Task Force views with regard to Instructor Tenure. Task Force Views on Instructor Tenure.
- December, 2008 (revised August, 2009) - Provost DiStefano issued Academic Affairs' response to the InstructorsTask Force.
- October, 2009 - The BFA voted to create an ad hoc committee on the status of instructors (BFA-X-M-092809).
- March, 2010 - The BFA's Ad Hoc Committee released its final report -
- April, 2010 - The BFA passed a motion to implement some of the recommendations of the ad hoc committee's report:
- April 28, 2011 - The BFA passed a resolution to establish a BFA Standing Committee on Instructor-Track Faculty Affairs, reflecting a recommendation in item 1G of the BFA Ad Hoc committee's report:
- November 3, 2011 - The BFA passed a resolution to revise the BFA's Bylaws and Standing Rules to formally install the BFA's Standing Committee on Instructor-Track Faculty Affairs. Click here for the new Committee's webpage.