Biology, Nutrition, and Disease
- Cavigelli SA. 1999. Behavioural patterns associated with faecal cortisol levels in free-ranging female ring-tailed lemurs, Lemur catta. Animal Behaviour:935–944.
- Cuozzo FP and Sauther ML. 2004. Tooth loss, survival, and resource use in wild ring-tailed lemurs (Lemur catta): Implications for inferring conspecific care in fossil hominids. Journal of Human Evolution 46:623–631.
- Cuozzo, F. P., and Sauther, M. L. In press. Temporal change in tooth size among ring-tailed lemurs (Lemur catta) at the Beza Mahafaly Special Reserve, Madagascar: effects of an environmental fluctuation. In A. Jolly, N. Koyama, H. Rasamimanana & R. W. Sussman (Eds.),
- Cuozzo FP and Sauther ML. IN PRESS Severe Wear and Tooth Loss in Wild Ring-Tailed Lemurs (Lemur catta): A Function of Dental Structure, Feeding Ecology, and Individual Life History. Journal of Human Evolution.
- Junge, R.E. and Sauther, M.L. In press. Overview on the Health and Disease Ecology of Wild Lemurs: Conservation Implications. In Lemurs: Ecology and Adaptation. Gould L. and Sauther, M.L. (editors). Springer.
- Ring-tailed lemur biology. New York: Springer.
- Sauther ML Cuozzo F and Sussman RW. 2001. An analysis of the dentition of a living wild population of wild ring-tailed lemurs Lemur catta) from Beza Mahafaly, Madagascar. American Journal of Physical Anthropology. 114 (3):215-223.
- Sauther ML Sussman RW and Cuozzo F. 2002.Dental and general health in a population of wild ring-tailed lemurs: A life history approach. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 117: 122-132.
- Sauther, M. L., K. D. Fish, F. P. Cuozzo, D. S. Miller, M. Hunter-Ishikawa, and H. Culbertson. In press. Patterns of health, disease, and behavior among wild ring-tailed lemurs, Lemur catta: effects of habitat and sex. In:Jolly A, Koyama N, Rasamimanana H, and Sussman RW. (eds.). Ring-tailed Lemur Biology. Springer, New York, New York.