Behavior and Demography
- Gould L. 1997. Intermale affiliative behavior in ring-tailed lemurs (Lemur catta) at the Beza-Mahafaly Reserve, Madagascar. Primates 38:15-30.
- Gould, L,. Sussman, R.W. and Sauther, M.L. 1999. The effect of drought on ring-tailed lemur demography at Beza Mahafaly, Madagascar. International Journal of Primatology. 20:69-84.
- Gould L Sussman RW and Sauther ML. 2003. Demographic and Life-History Patterns in a Population of Ring-Tailed Lemurs (Lemur catta) at Beza Mahafaly Reserve, Madagascar: A 15-Year Perspective American Journal of Physical Anthropology 120:182-194.
- Ratsirarson, J. 2003. “Réserve Spéciale de Beza Mahafaly,” In The Natural History of Madagascar. Edited by S.M. Goodman and J.P. Benstead, pp. 1520-1525. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Sauther ML. 1989. Antipredator behavior in troops of free-ranging Lemur catta at Beza Mahafaly Special Reserve, Madagascar. International Journal of Primatolology 10:595-606.
- Sauther ML. 1991. Reproductive behavior of free-ranging Lemur catta at Beza Mahafaly Special Reserve, Madagascar. American Journal of Physical Anthropology. 84:463-477.
- Sauther ML. 1993. Resource competition in wild populations of ringtailed lemurs (Lemur catta): Implications for female dominance. In PMG Kappeler, J. (ed.): Lemur Social Systems and Their Ecological Basis. New York: Plenum Press, pp. 135-152.
- Sauther ML. 1994. Changes in the use of wild plant foods in free-ranging ring-tailed lemurs during lactation and pregnancy:Some implications for hominid foraging strategies. In NL Etkin (ed.): Eating on the Wild Side: The Pharmacologic,Ecologic, and Social Implications of Using Noncultigens. Tucson: University of Arizona Press, pp. 240-246.
- Sauther ML and Sussman RW. 1993. A new interpretation of the organization and mating systems of the ring-tailed lemur (Lemur catta). In Lemur Social Systems and Their Ecological Basis, Kappeler, P.M. and Ganzhorn, J. (eds), Plenum Press, New York, pp. 11-121.
- Sauther ML Sussman RW and Gould L. 1999. The Socioecology of the ring-tailed lemur: Thirty-five years of study. Evolutionary Anthropology 8:120-132.
- Sussman RW. 1991. Demography and social organization of free-ranging Lemur catta in the Beza Mahafaly Reserve, Madagascar. Am J Phys Anthropol 84:43-58.