Nearly 300 Auditors successfully registered for fall classes. We are so happy you've taken advantage of this terrific program.
The Senior Auditors program provides Colorado residents ages 55 and over the opportunity to attend regular daytime classes at CU Boulder during the fall and spring semesters on a space-available basis for a small fee. We have streamlined the registration process and hope that you will take advantage of this wonderful program this spring!
Registration for Spring Semester will take place Wednesday, Jan. 25 through Friday, Jan. 27. Please plan to register for classes during the registration dates and times listed. No early or late registration will be allowed.
Search for Courses
Step 1: Attend the first week of courses: Classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 17 and complete enrollment approval form (Word .doc | PDF) with professor signatures. You can not register without a signature from the professor. Updated enrollment approval form coming soon.
Step 2: Return completed enrollment approval form (Word .doc | PDF) with signatures to the Koenig Alumni Center during registration hours:
- Registration will take place at the Koenig Alumni Center on Wednesday, Jan. 25 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 26 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.; and Friday, Jan. 27 between 8 a.m. and noon. The Koenig Alumni Center is located at 1202 University Ave., (on the southeast corner of Broadway and University).
- No late or early registration will be accepted.
- Reminder: You can not register without approval from the professor.
- CU Boulder alumni: $80
- Non-alumni: $95
Step 3: Set up your CU IdentiKey. You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of completing Step 2 that includes your course list, student ID number and your PIN number. The email will provide step-by-step instructions for setting up your IdentiKey, which grants you access to CU's online services and campus computing facilities.
Senior Auditor Reminders:
- Professor signatures of approval are required for all courses you wish to audit.
- Courses for which professors deny auditors and/or courses whose enrollment have exceeded fire code for the classroom are not auditable.
- Online access to courses and courses materials will only be allowed if you are on the class roster.
- You will receive an email with in 24 hours of registering for Senior Auditors giving you information on the classes you enrolled in as well as how to activate your IDentikey to access online course materials and syllabus
The following courses are not available for auditing:
- Participatory courses (for example: voice, choral, dance, painting, pottery and computer classes)
- Courses offered through Continuing Education
- First-year law courses (for example: 5000- and 8000-level courses)
- History seminars at the undergraduate 3000-level
- The following foreign language courses: Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, Farsi and Hindi
- Courses that reach enrollment capacity with tuition-paying students
- Courses that professors have designated not-for-auditors
Registration entitles you to the following:
- IT access
- ID card for access to the CU library system
- Inclusion on class roster
Please remember that you are a guest in the class, and should not participate in labs, testing, discussion groups or in presentations as these are activities for tuition-paying students. Also keep in mind:
- If you wish to complete assignments, verify that the instructor has time to grade them
- No academic credit is available
- You must arrive to class on time
- Please stay until the end of the class
- Remember that faculty reserve the right to prevent individual courses from being part of the Senior Auditors Program.
If you have questions about the Senior Auditors Program, please contact the CU Boulder Alumni Association via phone at 303-492-8484 or via