So, you meet the eligibility requirements and are interested in joining AFROTC Detachment 105? Follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Enroll
Enroll as a full-time student at one of Detachment 105's cross-town schools. Full-time student status is at least 12 credits per semester.
Step 2: Register
Register for the AFROTC AS100 (freshmen) class through your school's Registrar. Please view the Fall 2017 Schedule and Registration document to determine the specific course numbers for your respective school. Ensure you are signed up for a section that includes Leadership Laboratory.
- Tuesday (Colorado School of Mines)
- Class: 1400 - 1450
- Leadership Laboratory: Thursday, 1530 - 1730 at CU Boulder Campus
- Thursday (CU Boulder)
- Class: 1100 - 1150 (Section 010)
- Class: 1400 - 1450 (Section 020)
- Leadership Laboratory: 1530 - 1730
- If you are joining during the spring semester, you must have at least 3.5 years before graduation. In this case you will only register for the AIRR 1020 (freshmen, spring) class. Next fall you will register for the AIRR 1010 (freshmen, fall) AND 2010 (sophomore, fall) courses to get you caught up.
- If you are joining during the fall semester and only have 3 years of college remaining, you must enroll in the AIRR 1010 (freshmen, fall) and AIRR 2010 (sophomore, fall) courses concurrently for the fall semester. Next spring you will take AIRR 1020 (freshmen, spring) and AIRR 2020 (sophomore, spring). Please email Ms. Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete a Special Action Form that will allow you to register for both classes.
- If you are attending school at UCCS or UC Denver, you must complete the Concurrent Registration Form and return to your Registrar's Office.
- If you have further questions, contact Detachment 105 staff to help determine your eligibility for the program.
Step 3: Apply
Complete the Cadet Application. Email the completed documents to email@example.com, no later than the week prior to the start of the semester. Upon submitting your application, you may not hear back from us immediately, as the volume of emails and phone calls may be high. The document shall be titled as follows: Last, First_Cadet Application_Fall/Spring YYYY.
- The Pre-Participatory Sports Physical (included in the Cadet Application) must be completed by a physician before the start of the semester. If you have already completed a DoDMERB, you do not need to complete the Pre-Participatory Sports Physical.
- High School Scholarship recipients still need to complete a Cadet Application.
Step 4: Interview
When you email your Cadet Application, request to schedule an initial interview with a Detachment 105 Assistant Professor of Aerospace Studies (APAS), as well. This interview will take place no later than the end of the first week of class. Be sure to bring a hard copy of your completed Cadet Application documents to this appointment, including your Pre-Participatory Sports Physical. You must also bring in transcripts (unofficial are acceptable) of any previously completed college-level coursework. In addition to the initial interview, the following documents will be completed with the APAS at this appointment:
- DD Form 2983
- AF Form 2030
- AFROTC Form 35
Step 5: In-Processing
You will fully inprocess our detachment shortly after the start of the semester. Be sure to have access to the following documents at the beginning of the semester:
- Official Birth Certificate (must be original)
- Official Social security card (must be original)
- Selective Service Registration verification (Males only) (can be printed from the Selective Service System website. )
- Voided Check (or other form of verification of account number and bank's routing number)
- High school / college transcripts (does not need to be official)
- All ACT / SAT scores (does not need to be official)
- Any JROTC / Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts / Civil Air Patrol Awards or Certificates you may have
- Sports Physical
- If you have any prior civil involvements (i.e. school related discipline, parking, traffic, or speeding citations, etc.) please bring in a copy of the citation and/or final disposition receipts
- DD Form 214 if you are prior Active Duty
- DD 785 Record of Disenrollment from Officer Candidate-Type Training (if applicable)
- Form 368 if you are ANG or RES