In order to become a member of Detachment 105's Cadet Wing, you must meet these basic eligibility requirements:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours or more per term) at the University of Colorado, Boulder or one of our cross-town schools.
- If you are joining and going to one of our crosstown community colleges, you will be required to transfer to one of our crosstown schools that provide a Bachelor's Degree. Normally some students take 2 years of community college, followed by 2 years to get their undergrad. Students CANNOT do 4 years at a community college for an associates degree as it's a requirement to obtain a Bachelor's degree to Commission.
- Must have at least 3 years remaining before graduating with your undergraduate degree. See the notes under Step 2: Register of "How to Join".
- If you have previously taken college-level courses, you must have a minimum cummulative GPA of 2.0.
- It is imperative that you are in good physical condition; you will be required to attend physical training at least twice a week. You will also be required to take the Physical Fitness Assessment once per semester. Additionally, all cadets must conform to the maximum weight and body fat standards as established by the United States Air Force.
- If you have a medical question, DODMERB is your only official source of information. Detachment personnel typically scheduled new cadets who are not on scholarship for a DODMERB examination during their second semester as active cadets. For a list of common disqualifiers, please see AFROTC Program Requirements.
- All new cadets that do NOT have an active DoDMERB exam will need a sports physical before starting the program (found in the application packet). This must be turned in to our staff the first week of classes. A sports physical can be conducted by either your own doctor, or a school physician.
- Must be 14 years of age or older (17 years or older to receive a scholarship)
- Rated (Pilot, Combat Systems Officer, Air Battle Manager and Remotely Piloted Aircraft Pilot)—commissioned before reaching the age of 29
- Scholarship applicants—be younger than 31 years old as of December 31 of the year you will be commissioned
- Tech, nontech and nonrated—commissioned by age 30 (waiverable up to age 35)